Sunday, February 5, 2012

7000 Bracelets of Hope Blog Hop.


7000 Bracelets of Hope is run through the Global Genes Project, a rare disease group for children. The bracelets are donated to the mothers and caretakers of these children, as a way to give them a little support and lift their spirits. 

The Blog Hop sign ups are today through February 11th. The Hop itself is February 25th. 

If you would like to participate, here's what you need to do:

1. Leave a comment here with your blog address and e-mail address.

2. Grab the button for the Hop on the Top Left of my page and put it on your blog.

3. Make a Bracelet with Blue as your primary color. The Global Genes Project uses the theme of jeans/denim, so think in those shades of Blue when you are picking out colors. Think casual and make it so it can fit any wrist size (approx 7-9")

4. Post a picture of your Bracelet on February 25th along with the link of participants Erin and I will send you. 

5. Mail your Bracelet and a nice note to the anonymous recipient to the following address: 
Children's Rare Disease Network
24701 La Plaza Suite 201
Dana Point, CA 92629



I would like to thank the two ladies that are hosting this, one of which I copied this info off of her blog.  As a parent that has lost a child this is something that I can see being very near and dear to my heart.  You can check out the hosts of this here:
One Kiss Creations
Elysian Studios



4 comments:

  1. Marla, This is a great thing we are involved in and I for one am very touched to be involved. I'm sorry to hear that you have lost a child I can not even begin to imagine how that feels.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Therese! I am very excited about this. Thank you for your kind words. I lost my youngest daughter July 23, 2006.

      Delete
  2. Marla, Thank you so very much for this post and for spreading the word. I am so sorry for your loss. I have 2 children and cannot imagine that pain. You have a big heart and big reasons for helping out. We really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I am very excited to be included in such a great cause. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

      Delete